Quick & Easy French Toast
If you haven't realized it by now, I am all for a simple recipe. It is easy to lose me at over 30 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of cook time (can the church say "Amen"). This French toast recipe comes from my mom's personal cookbook arsenal. My mother has a cookbook of handwritten recipes that she guards with her life. I was honestly surprised she let me share two of them with my blogging fam.
As you know from a previous blog post, I'm TEAM Trader Joe's all the way. When I first saw their Frech Brioche, I knew it would be perfect to incorporate into my mom's French toast recipe. Be sure to check out my mom's buttermilk pancakes that I shared on the blog last month for more Brunch At Home. #SoniaBeKnowin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of butter extract
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 loaf of Trader Joe's Sliced French Brioche
- Beat eggs
- Mix in milk, vanilla extract, butter extract, sugar, cinnamon.
- Heat up your griddle or saucepan on medium-high to allow the pan to heat evenly.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray or you can use melted butter as an alternative.
- Dunk each slice of brioche bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in griddle or saucepan, and cook on both sides until golden.
- Sprinkle on your favorite fruit toppings.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins